We have recently formed a new partnership with Potter’s Wheel Church and Challenge Ministries in Swaziland.
We hope to see the relationship develop further as we provide financial and practical skills-based assistance.
Swaziland is a beautiful, friendly country but it has huge challenges:
- Highest AIDS rate in the world, now thought to be over 40%
- 69% of the population live on less than one American dollar per day.
- Life expectancy: 32 years
- Half the population are under 15 years
- 1 out of 10 homes in Swaziland are led by children under the age of 11
- Estimated 120,000 orphans
- 40% of Swazi children are suffering from malnutrition.
Our partner: Challenge Ministries Swaziland (CMS)
CMS is a Christian charity running various ministries throughout Swaziland to help address the country’s problems. The projects include:
- Children’s Homes – providing a “family” environment for orphaned children
- Life Skills Bible School – training men and women to go out and make a difference in their communities
- Teen Challenge Men’s Rehab Centre – free residential drug & alcohol treatment centre
- Teen Challenge Women’s Home – refuge for abused women and their children
- EduGate – Preschool Teacher Training
- Health team – nursing team providing rural community health clinics
- Potter’s Wheel Church – a large vibrant church which also houses the CMS offices
- Bulembu– restoration of an entire town, where most of the children’s homes are, sustainable enterprises
- In Community By Community (ICBC) – church plants, including sustainability projects and orphan homes. Local churches with a vision to empower communities to take care of themselves.