The Turning starts at 7.30pm on Thurs 22 Aug at Destiny Church, Gorgie, and runs to Sun 1 Sept. More info on the St Mungo’s website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rwanda feedback event at 7.30pm on Tuesday 27 August in the Ministry Centre. All welcome to hear about the on-going work with our mission partners at Comfort International and a recent visit by a group from St Mungo’s.
Spirit Café Training – Sat 31 Aug 9.30am to 4.30pm in Ministry Centre. New people needed – but also a great refresher for those on the team. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Spirit Café in Balerno at 7.30pm that evening.
ESST Applications Open – sign up for a year of transformation in our school of ministry. New structure based around 3 weekend intensives- now even more accessible. See www.esst.org.uk for info and applications.
0-18 Balerno and Livingston:
- Our 10:30 services today. In Balerno Little Wonders (0-2 years) in room F10; Climbers (3-4 years) in the L shaped area. P1-P6 in Drama Studio. In Livingston the preschool group will meet in L30, P1-P5 in L30A, S1-4 in cafeteria. In both locations children up to and including P3 must be registered, P4-P7 can self-register.
- Balerno youth– go straight to the Ministry Centre for catch up, chat and chill. Open to all in P7 (i.e. those starting S1)-S6s (inc. those finishing S6).
- Youth Chippy Walk (S1-S6): Friday 16 August. A walk in Balerno followed by chips and finishing at the church building. Dress appropriately and bring money for chips.
- 0-18 Balerno: Regular groups start back on Sunday 18August. Little Wonders (0-2yrs) in F10; Climbers (3-4yrs) in the Riverside Café; Adventurers (P1-P3) in the Drama Studio; Xplorers (P4-P7) in the Small Gym; Youth (S1-S6) meeting in the Concourse for worship, then head to the Church Building for breakfast.
- Audacious (S1-S6 Joint Event): Friday night launch night, 23 August. Earlier timings of 6.30pm – 9.30pm, bring your friends for Zorb Football and Combat Archery, brought to us by ‘Activity Delivered’. Start and end at church building, Balerno, and visiting Marchbank Park, Balerno. Cost £6 each, permission slips, from email@example.com or from www.stmungosyouth.com.
- Xplorers Lendrick Muir: All children in P5-P7 are invited to a weekend at Lendrick Muir (20-22Sept). For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download a booking form from www.stmungos.org.
Congratulations to Rebecca & Andrew Savage on the birth of Abigail on 24 July.
Prayers. Please pray for our children and young people either returning to, or starting school; entering new classes, new teachers and new schools. Pray for God’s courage, strength and confidence to fill them. Pray for our school leavers as they wait for uni or college to start and for those that are needing guidance and discernment for the coming year.