I’ve got questions about God…
Life can throw up some pretty big questions:
- What is life really all about?
- What happens when we die?
- Why is there so much suffering in the world?
- Is it possible to believe in God in our modern scientific age?
- Is what Jesus taught still relevant today?
- Can we trust the Bible?
- What about other religions?
And there are whole host of others! At St Mungos we are up for discussing these questions and hearing what you think.
For starters, we’ve included some pointers to resources that might help you as you wrestle with these issues, and others like them, and you’ll find these below. However it’s also great to be able to talk over these questions with others and anAlpha course is the ideal place to do just that. Keep an eye on the side bar for news of our next Taster Evening and Course dates. Contact Us to book your place. (Find out more about Alpha and its impact across the world.)
If the thought of walking (back) into a church fills you with dread, check out one of our Guest Sundays.. you might get a pleasant surprise!
Our Sunday worship services also provide an opportunity each week to find out more about the Christian faith. People of any faith or none are always welcome – again we’d love to see you there. There is also the opportunity to chat over coffee afterwards – and that can be a great time to ask questions!
Want to investigate further…..?
Listen to these talks from our teaching team:
- Why believing in Jesus isn’t crazy. (audio & video versions)
- Is God to blame?
- What’s the point?
- Has science disproved God?
- Does religion do more harm than good?
- Is faith irrational?
Books we’d suggest (available via Amazon.co.uk)